Union County is the smallest county in Florida. A quick search through the public records of this county will provide information on residents and documents in the custody of county departments. There are several ways to obtain these publicly available records. You may call a department’s administrative office to make a preliminary inquiry or visit them in person. If you do not mind the extra cost or need the records immediately, you may send a mail request. And as government agencies transition to e-filing and the maintenance of public records on electronic databases, you can now find public records online. Whichever method you choose to obtain a public record, ensure it is cost-effective and fast.
Affidavits, motions, exhibits, and other documents created or filed during a criminal or civil case become public records after the clerk of court receives them. To get a personal copy of these records, you must submit a request at the clerk’s office. Start by preparing a letter stating your interest in the court record under the Florida Public Records Law and describe the court record.
You will need the name of the parties, case number, or year of filing. Providing the attorneys’ name or the presiding judge may also help in the faster retrieval of the case files and save search fees. You may also search for Union county court records online. For in-person and mail requests, you will need to pay search fees and cover the cost of reproducing the documents. Court fees are payable in cash, check, or money order.
Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller
Custodian of Public Records
Union County, Florida
55 West Main Street, Room 103
Lake Butler, FL 32054
Phone: (386) 496-3711
Union County Court Records Public Access
- Visit the records search page
- Accept the terms and conditions for performing a search
- This redirects you to a page with access options
- Choose the access option that is best fit, i.e., public access
- Read and accept the disclaimer
- Enter the name of the case party
- Select search at the bottom of the page
- Select the person/case of interest from the search results
Union County Public Records Free Access
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement – criminal history & sex offenders
- Sheriff’s Office – County jail records.
- Florida Department of Corrections – Corrections offenders search
- Office of Vital Statistics – Vital records in person, by mail, or online.
- State Archives – Genealogy records
- Property Appraiser – Property records in Union County
- Middle Bankruptcy District of Florida – Bankruptcy court records
Florida Public Records
Comprehensive Public Court Records of Florida Counties